Dental implants are the best replacement for missing natural teeth. They offer dental patients a permanent and secure solution for replacing one or more teeth. Implants are made of biocompatible materials, with more than 4 decades of research and development. They work in the similar way to orthopaedic devices, and provide anchorage and support for dental prostheses such as crowns, bridges or dentures. Hundreds of our patients will confess to you that implants have not only improved their smiles, and overall appearance but also their lives! Dr Doan is a Senior Lecturer and Researcher in Dental Implantology at Griffith University, School of Dentistry and Oral Health.
There are numerous reasons to choose dental implants:
• Aesthetically, they appear like natural teeth.
• Dental implants function and feel like real teeth.
• Functionally, dental implants allow you to chew and eat again without pain or discomfort. Favorite foods that were avoided, are now back on the list as implants help to improve the enjoyment of the textures and flavours of your favourite foods through less of plastic covering the roof of your mouth.
• In contrast to dentures, dental implants eliminate the need for distasteful adhesives. Patients are no longer required to use “glue” when your prosthesis is attached to implants.
• Lastly, implants can help maintain your bone structure and support your facial tissues. They can reduce or eliminate bone atrophy, which causes “shrinkage” or facial cosmetic changes.